January 27, 2009

Driving Adventure on Ice

I can't believe how fast everything changed yesterday. By the time school let out yesterday, all of our cars were iced over and frozen. Jacob and I left school, went and picked Peyton up from the sitter, and started our 5 mile adventure home. It took us 36 minutes to get home. We saw several cars go in the ditch, a school bus full of children slid all over the road, and a semi was stuck in the middle of a two lane highway because it couldn't get up the little hill. Jacob was a very good boy on the car ride home because he knew the situation was serious. Peyton on the other hand, just wanted to be home and kept telling saying, "Mama, GO, Mama, GO NOW!" Needless to say, by the time we made it home safe and sound (which I am very thankful) I was a nervous wreck. To make matters worse, Adam was still in Bartlesville. Jacob and I finally convinced him that making the drive home only to have to be back at 6 am was not a good idea. Jacob was watching the news with me and was very concerned about his daddy. He even called his grandma Jill's house to check up on his dad and make sure he was there. Adam ended up having to work a double yesterday, but he has today off. He didn't get off until midnight but he followed his other assistant all the way home and they both made it home safely. The boys crawled in bed with me since Daddy wasn't home, and they know I don't like being home alone. Peyton woke up about 2:30 this morning and heard me talking to Adam. He sat up in bed and yelled "DA---DAAAD" with a smile on his face and then immediately feel back down and was out in less than 20 seconds. It was a great ending to a very stressful afternoon/night.


CLR said...

I was wondering about you guys yesterday. It looks like there's more nasty stuff headed your way. Stay safe and warm!!!!

Bethany said...

So glad you made it home okay! Thought that was so cute about Peyton waking up at 2 am and saying Da-Daaad! And falling back asleep so fast! Too cute! Hope you're doing good girl! =)